Birch Hill Quarry produces Forest of Dean Pennant sandstone. It is well-known for its durability and strength for use locally and throughout the UK. Its uses include building and landscaping applications, as listed below, and it also has civil engineering applications, including gabion basket and revetment work.
The colours are mainly green/grey or blue/grey, with light and dark tones. In some areas we find a red colour, which contrasts well with the softer grey colours.
Pennant sandstone can be obtained in the following forms:
- Walling stone
- Building stone – rough dressed or sawn and split
- Masonry stone – sawn and worked to your requirements
- Rockery stone – of any size
- Roofing slates
- Paving stone – riven or sawn
- Block stone – freshly quarried or weathered over many years
To view Birch Hill stone (previously known as Taylor and Martin) please phone or e-mail one of our contacts, who will be pleased to help.